Laura built a company that now processes over 100 billion data points and provides transportation and urban planners with a granular view of how roads, bike lanes and sidewalks are being used. In this episode, Laura Schewel talks about how she ultimately pursued the idea and what she encountered in the wild world of entrepreneurship.
- Nancy Pfund’s Pro Tips for Getting Started in Cleantech
- SunPower Founder Dick Swanson’s Guide to Launching a Cleantech Startup
- Lessons From the Fall of Sungevity
- Dan Shugar, the King Midas of Solar
- A History of Greentech Media With Scott Clavenna
- Sungage's Sara Ross on Starting a Solar Loan Company
- Jigar Shah on the Origin Story of SunEdison
- The Origin Story of Mosaic With Billy Parish
- How Roboticist Leila Madrone Built the Air-Based Solar Tracker Firm Sunfolding
- The Death-Defying Reinvention of Advanced Microgrid Solutions
- Assessing the Promise of Electric Buses With Proterra CEO Ryan Popple
- How Sunnova’s John Berger Convinced Oil & Gas Investors to Believe in Solar
- Bertrand Piccard: ‘If You Can Fly Around the World in a Solar Airplane, You Can Do Everything’
- The Origin Story of Sunrun With Lynn Jurich
- The Origin Story of Wunder Capital
- How David Crane Jolted the Power Sector
- Terry Jester Reflects on Four Decades of Solar
- Why This Founder Dug Into Home Geothermal
- Creating a Battery Unicorn by Learning From Previous Cleantech Busts
- Nest Co-Founder Matt Rogers on Thinking Differently About the Smart Home
Support for this podcast is brought to you by Sungrow. With the world’s most powerful 250-kilowatt, 1,500-volt string inverter, Sungrow is providing disruptive technology for utility-scale projects. Subscribe to GTM podcasts via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever you find your audio content.
Surveys show the world’s resource base for geothermal energy is larger than the resource base for coal, oil, gas and uranium combined. Lets use this fact to raise awareness and action.